Friday, February 18, 2011

The birth of Paint Avant-Garde

One of my favorite artistic pastimes during college was to find pictures of celebrities or politicians, crudely alter them with MS Paint, then share that art with my friends via email. We had an artistic synergy going where one person would superimpose Rosie O'Donnell's head over an elephant's body, another would add Fred Savage and scrawl in some witty or convoluted comment with obscure vocabulary, and a third person would somehow relate the entire thing to a pressing world event of the time. We ended up with an ugly collage of awesomeness, and since that time I always had some vague intention of making a website dedicated to that pastime.

Flash forward 4 years and I finally got serious about making the website, I learned the PHP and other computer science mumbo jumbo necessary to make this thing happen. So two months ago I launched my beautiful baby Paint Avant-Garde. It's a lighthearted and low-pressure creative outlet that makes fun artistic expression accessible to both artists and non-artists alike. I hope that you will enjoy the website and take the time to create and share some witty, gritty, silly, crude digital artworks of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment